Southwestern softball team returned to the action after nine consecutive days without playing. The Lady Builders’ last game was on March 28th when they hosted Hillsdale. Three back-to-back games were cancelled because of the weather.

The Lady Builders fell twice to the Ottawa Lady Braves in the doubleheader.

The softball team lost the first game 2-0. For the second game, the Lady Braves were merciless as they trashed the Lady Builders 19-0.

Devan Howard, junior outfield, said, “The first game wasn’t bad, we just need to get hits going. On the second day we could not make anything happen. It wasn’t our day.”

Teammate Alexis Del Toro, freshman pitcher/outfield, said, “The first game we played well, but the second game we all weren’t happy with our performance as a team. It’s a hard loss, but we plan on working hard and getting us some wins next week.”

This leaves the Lady Builder team in a 7-14 overall record and 0-4 in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference.

Rachel Baker, sophomore pitcher, said, “We need to work on our offense all the way.”

The team will return back to the plate and try to win their first conference games on April 9. The doubleheader against Kansas Wesleyan is scheduled to start at 4 p.m. at Broadway Rec. Complex.

Angel Vadillo is a sophomore majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.