By Inger Furholt

The Lady Builders won two games at home field as they took on Hillsdale Free Will Baptist College on April 7. This was the team’s second time winning against the Saints, leaving the team with an overall record of 8-14. The final score of the first game was 10-0, and the second game 16-0.

Amber Good, head women’s softball coach said she thought the team did very well, as they were able to pitch some of the younger members of the team. “Yesterday we were able to play everybody and everybody played well,” said Good. “It was good to be able to mix the rotation of players.”

Since this was the second time of the season for the Lady Builders to play the Hillsdale Saints it was a hard game for the team to go into as they had already beat them before.

“It was a tough game to go into, but the defense did a good job of making good plays and backing up our pitchers,” said Good.

Morgan Stacy, senior right field said the team showed improvement throughout the game. “We started out slow, but we finished strong,” said Stacy, “We didn’t have very good intensity at first, but we picked it up.”

Stacy has confidence that the team will keep up the rate they’ve been going in before conference.
“As a team we’re playing a lot better than we first did, we’re moving at a good rate and should be 100 percent ready by the conference tournament,” said Stacy.

The team is currently has a 1-3 conference record and will play their next games at 1p.m. and 3p.m. April 9, in Salina against Kansas Wesleyan.

“We are 1-3, so the conference season is still pretty young,” said Good.

Inger Furholt is a senior majoring in convergent journalism. You may e-mail her at inger.furholt@sckans.edu.