ABOVE: Hannah Foltz, senior pitcher, toes the rubber as she gets the nod in game two. She pitched six innings pitched with three strikeouts. (RJay McCoy/Staff photographer)

Sydni Fulks, senior outfielder, prepares to swing at an incoming pitch. Fulks had one run on a base on ball for the day. (RJay McCoy/Staff photographer)Cassidy Schubert, senior outfielder, stations at first after a base on ball. Schubert was hitless for the day. (RJay McCoy/Staff photographer)Cady Norton, senior infielder, readies herself for the opposing pitch. Norton stood strong at the plate for the day. (RJay McCoy/Staff photographer)Hannah Foltz, senior pitcher, focuses on home. She pitched six strong innings in a Builder loss. (RJay McCoy/Staff photographer)Hannah Foltz, senior pitcher, sizes up her competition before delivering the pitch. She pitched six innings in game two. (RJay McCoy/Staff photographer)Julie Long, junior infielder, singles and celebrates down the line going to first. Long had two hits in the series against Friends. (RJay McCoy/Staff photographer)Julie Long, junior infielder, hacks at an incoming pitch. Long had two hits on the day series against Friends. (RJay McCoy/Staff photographer)MacKenzie Lyons, senior pitcher, cruises into second after smashing a double to the outfield. Lyons pitched six innings pitched in game one and  had two hits at the plate. (RJay McCoy/Staff photographer)Natalie Davis, freshman infielder, settles at first after a single moving Julie Long, junior infielder, up to second. Davis went one-for-two at the plate for the day. (RJay McCoy/Staff photographer)Jecca Autry, sophomore catcher, swings at a pitch. She was one-for-four at the plate. (RJay McCoy/Staff photographer)

RJay McCoy

Southwestern softball dropped a doubleheader 1-3 and 0-7 on the road for their season finish against Friends University.

Designated player, MacKenzie Lyons, senior pitcher, received the game one start. Before that, she drove in one for a double allowing Kayleen Gonzalez, senior outfielder, to advance to third.

The Builders left two on base barring a strikeout and groundout going to the bottom with the builders leading 1-0.

At the bottom of the first, the Falcons put two runs on the board and one in the bottom of the second.

Despite some early offensive, the first and second run totals tallied for the rest of the game due to improved pitching and defense.

The Builders could not get anything going in the runs column and suffered the shutout in the second game.

Senior Alexis Gouyton gave an outlook as the season ended and optimism for next season.

“We had a great group of girls this year with immense talent. I think we learned a lot about our teammates and ourselves. I can’t wait for what the underclassman do in the future,” said Goutyon.

Lyons reflected on her time in a SC uniform.

“It is a bittersweet feeling to be done but it is time for a new chapter,” said Lyons.