By Bailey VenJohn

Southwestern softball faced off in their final KCAC doubleheader of the year against Saint Mary. The Builder were swept losing the first 11-2 and the second 6-3.

The Spires earned at least one run in every inning in the first game. The very first at-bat of the game Saint Mary hit a bomb over the fence to quickly take the lead 1-0.

The rest of the game followed suit. The Spires added two runs in the second, two in the third and five in the fourth.

Southwestern finally answered in the fourth plating one player to bring the score to 10-1.

Saint Mary answered right back adding one more score to make it 11-1. The Builders fought back once more batting around one more runner to score but could not bring in anymore. Southwestern fell in a fifth inning run rule.

The second game looked better for the Builders. Saint Mary added the first runs of the game in the second to take the lead 2-0.

In the third Southwestern made their stand scoring 3 runs to steal the lead.

The score remained until the Spires strung hits together to tie it up at 3 all in the sixth.

Saint Mary put the Builders into a tough situation after they plated three runs on two Southwestern errors.

Southwestern attempted the three run comeback but fell short dropping the game 6-3.

The Lady Builders return to action for the last home game of the season at Black Creek Park. Oklahoma Wesleyan visits for a doubleheader with first pitch scheduled for 4 pm.

Bailey VenJohn is a junior majoring in communication. You may email her at bailey.venjohn@sckans.edu.