Pictured here is real cotton picked from Kansas. Cotton picking was the basis of the slave trade in America. Many slaves were forced to stand out in the fields and pick cotton for their owners without pay. (Mallory Graves/Staff photographer)This wall was about the Jim Crow laws. These laws enforced racial segregation against African Americans starting back in the 1870s. (Mallory Graves/Staff photographer)The Tunnel of Oppression is an event used to bring awareness to certain issues that are relevant, current, and important. This year’s theme was Racism. Throughout the whole tunnel, it talked about how African Americans were discriminated against and how poorly they were treated. The tunnel started out with the earliest known dates of racism and ended with the current acts of racism. At the end, there was a debriefing session where questions were asked and thoughts were shared. (Mallory Graves/Staff photographer)This wall had many late people who have died due to violent acts of racism. One face in the middle that might be the most recognizable would be George Floyd. This man was killed during an arrest for a counterfeit bill by a white police officer who knelt on his neck for almost nine minutes. (Mallory Graves/Staff photographer)This section was titled racism. It had definitions of what racism was on the sides and how it affected people. The yellow paper was used for people to write and define what they think racism is. (Mallory Graves/Staff photographer)This picture went with the Power and Culture wall. It serves as a memorial to those who have died under harsh circumstances. This picture reminds us that we are all human and need to stand together for equality. (Mallory Graves/Staff reporter)