Jake Conrad, head coach, speaks in a team huddle before the game begins. This is Conrad's first year as the volleyball head coach. (Tessa Castor/Staff photographer)Mallory Graves, sophomore cheerleader, claps for the Lady Builders. (Tessa Castor/Staff photographer)Emily White, senior right hitter, bumps the volleyball into the air after a return from Bethel. Prior to the game, the Lady Builders were picked fifth in a KCAC preseason poll. (Tessa Castor/Staff photographer)Kaila Harris, junior setter, serves the ball. Harris transferred to Southwestern from Barton Community College. (Tessa Castor/Staff photographer)Jacquelyn Bogner, freshman outside hitter, jumps to save the ball. The game, originally scheduled for 6 p.m., had to be rescheduled to 8:30 p.m. and moved to Winfield HIgh School due to heat. (Tessa Castor/Staff photographer)Emily White, senior right hitter, smiles after a team point. White is from Baxter Springs. (Tessa Castor/Staff photographer)Deardin Kelley, senior outside hitter, leaps to spike the ball. Kelley was a top kill leader during the 2018-2019 season. (Tessa Castor/Staff photographer)The Lady Builders celebrate after scoring a point. The team won the first set against Bethel with a score of 25-18, lost the second set with a score of 25-20, won the third set with a score of 25-18, and lost the fourth set with a score of 20-25, and lost the fifth and final set 15-13 . (Tessa Castor/Staff photographer)The SC crowd jumps to their feet to celebrate the Lady Builder's first set win against Bethel. The team's next game will be at 11 a.m. on Aug. 23	 against Southwestern Assemblies of God in Hutchinson. (Tessa Castor/Staff photographer)