Above: Jah'Maizhia Cox, math education freshman, heaves the weight for her first time. Cox threw 8.43 meters in the weight, setting a record she hopes to improve on in the future. (Taylor Rodriguez/Staff photographer)Above: Myla Werschky, psychology freshman, flies over the high jump bar. Werschky was the only female from SC to compete in jumping events at the meet on Saturday. (Taylor Rodriguez/Staff photographer)Above: Zach Grey, business administration senior, fires the ball into the sector. After suffering a serious knee injury in 2019, Grey threw with a glide to compete in the event. Grey scored the first place position with a throw of 14.24 meters.  (Taylor Rodriguez/Staff photographer)Above: Michael Taylor, business junior, launches the shot deep into the sector. The field event competitors drove to Wichita on Friday to compete in the first half of the Wichita State Shocker Club Team Meet. Taylor threw 11.29 meters in the shot put for the meet. (Taylor Rodriguez/Staff photographer)Above: Jah'Maizhia Cox, math education freshman, puts the shot with all her might. Cox threw 8.12 meters in the shot put as the only female thrower from SC to compete on Friday. Abi Kerr, pre vet freshman, wasn't able to compete in any throwing events due to a foot injury.   (Taylor Rodriguez/Staff photographer)Above: Myla Werschky, psychology freshman, Eddie Ortiz, head track and field coach, and Manny Gonzales, physical performance senior, discuss Werschky's previous leap. The first day of the meet was for field events only and began around 4 p.m., finishing around 9 p.m. The following Saturday was when running events were to take place for the rest of the team.  (Taylor Rodriguez/Staff photographer)Above: Zach Grey, business administration senior, slingshots the weight after his rotation. Grey threw a 13.51 meter throw, gaining the second place position for the meet. (Taylor Rodriguez/Staff photographer)