By Avree Sheppard

“Silent Hill: Revelation”, released October 26, 2012 is a movie about a girl named Heather Mason, who figures out her entire life, has been a lie.

Mason, played by Adelaide Clemens, is an orphan who, on the eve of her eighteenth birthday, starts being haunted by demonic nightmares. The movie is rated R and was given 3 out of 5 stars.

I saw this movie and it was absolutely awful. There was no plot to the movie and it just sort of went on. Characters and potential plots were introduced, but were not played out. While watching, I was very confused as to what was actually taking place. Most of Masons’ problems came from nightmares, but you could not separate them from reality.

The graphics of the movie were very great. I watched the movie in 3D and all the right things were in 3D. It was not once over used, which was great. There was a scene in the movie that involved a lot of fire and it looked very real. Also, there were various transitions of the same scene between her nightmares and reality. The graphics and transitions of those characters were also really well put together.

As a person who is easily scared, I was disappointed in the fright level of this movie. There were clowns, demons, spiders, and faceless creatures; I was still unafraid. For someone who enjoys a simple scary movie, this will be a great watch. But for those who like to be intensely scared, I would not recommend “Silent Hill: Revelation”. This movie deserves its 3 out of 5 stars.

Avree Sheppard is a sophomore majoring in communication. You may email her at avree.sheppard@sckans.edu .