By Jacob Heronemus

Student Government Association met Sept. 17 to discuss the budget allocations for each group on campus, address internet concerns, and discuss events on campus.

Tavinia Tucker, Psychology Junior and SGA president, started with the roll and moved onto campus activities. The following was decided or discussed in the meeting.

There will be a Major-palooza Oct. 25 in the library. Each department will have a booth set up with faculty to talk about career paths as well as academic decisions such as changing majors or adding minors.

There is a new advising page on MySC to help students interact with their advisors beyond class schedules and the normal fare, and discuss such things as internships and career paths.

Grahm Whitley, Network Specialist Technician, spoke in the meeting about the importance of moving students to the new BuilderNet wireless connection, which was upgraded over the summer. He also discussed the future of the new network, and the protocol for connecting devices that are not supplied by the college to the network.

Luke Arneson covered budgets for groups that were not submitted in time, and those that had been received, as of yet, were all accepted and submitted. All budget allocations that were passed in the previous week have been passed on to Barbara Kaiser so that each group on campus will receive their allotted funds

Homecoming packets will be handed out later in the week and they are due back to SGA on Sept. 24.

Hispanic Heritage Week is this week and SGA will be hosting a trio of events to celebrate. First there will be the Pack the Field night at the women’s soccer game in Jantz Stadium on Sept. 18. Then on Sept. 23 there will be a movie showing that honors Hispanic Heritage in Mossman 101  at 7 p.m. The last event for Hispanic Heritage Week is the salsa competition on Sept. 25.

A blood drive will take place during Assessment Day in Wroten from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Sept. 18. Free movie night is also on Sept. 18 at Cowley County Cinema 8 starting at 9 p.m.

Leadership Garage Sale is going on from Sept. 18 through Sept. 21 at 1120 E. 9th  St.

Jake Heronemus is a junior majoring in communications. You may email him at Jacob.Heronemus@sckans.edu