Student Government Association met to discuss events this semester and next semester’s events and ideas at 5:30 p.m. Dec. 6.

The meeting included announcements, committee reports, liaison reports and intro of legislation. Then the debate started.

The debate was over the funding of Southwestern College’s summer camp. Members of Zeta Delta wanted to donate any remaining SGA funds to the camp. They were unsure of the support until the meeting.

Each member voted for the idea, but senator Derreck Carter-House, bio-chemistry junior, stopped the motion because it did not follow the SGA constitution.

Following discussion, voting was called again for the proposal and it was voted down.

After the debate, the meeting continued with announcements with the Gang on the Hill (campus life), which will be having a meeting with Dick Merriman, president of the college, and Andy Sheppard, dean of faculty, Wednesday at 12:30 p.m. to discuss why the funds are being taken away for scholarships for bettering every student such as the Chicago Center.

SGA and Student Foundation will have a “STUFU and SGA Christmas” Dec. 11 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the Pounds Lounge. This will be only for the members of SGA and STUFU.

The meeting was adjourned at 6:05 p.m.