By Taylor Posey

Student Government Association held their weekly meeting Wednesday evening at Pound’s Lounge. Among the many matters discussed is the funding of new ukulele for the newly founded Ukulele Society. (Thomas Noble/Collegian photographer)

The Student Government Association met for their weekly meeting Oct. 2. Lisa Rupert made her first run as the new SGA secretary. The main order of discussion involved the Ukulele Society.

After a heated discussion between the representatives of the Ukulele Society and members of SGA, both parties came to a conclusion that SGA  should fund 27 ukuleles for the society.

Jonathan Lyons, SGA Treasurer, is still working on the organizational budget. The estimated Fall 2012 budget will be voted on in the upcoming meeting of Oct. 9.

Jessica McIver, Student Conduct Advisor, has been emailing the wireless internet technical support about the issue with the slow wireless internet. There is no set date for an update at this point.

STUFU president said homecoming events are being finalized in the STUFU department.  STUFU will be making posters for homecoming to hang up downtown Winfield around the time of 10 a.m.-4 p.m. and everyone is welcome to join to support.

The next STUFU meeting will be held Oct. 9 at 5:30 in Pounds Lounge.

Taylor Posey is a junior majoring in communication. You may email her at posey_taylor@sckans.edu