Hanna House

On September 24, Student Government Association (SGA) met at 8:30 p.m. to discuss events coming up in the week ahead.

After being called to order by Vice President Taylor Fogle, SGA discussed three main items of business.

The first and second items were both brought up by the Southwestern College International club. SC International would like to host three events on Nov. 5, Nov. 12, and Nov. 19.

On Nov. 5, SC International would like to host an Inter-religion panel  in Mossman 101 at 12:00 p.m.. SGA then passed the motion from SC International that the Foods of Saudi Arabia event  is to take place outside the Java Jinx on Nov. 12 at 11:30 a.m. On Nov. 19 outside the Java Jinx during lunch, there will be a “Where are SC International Students From” display.

After passing SC International’s first item, SGA moved on to the second. Every year SC International hosts trick or treat for children in the community. This event will start at 6 p.m. and end at 8. The children will be allowed to go through Broadhurst, Cole, Sutton, and Reid Hall.

The final item of business was brought up by Sister 2 Sister who will hosting a Breast Cancer Awareness seminar. Two speakers will come and talk to students about being aware of the warning signs of breast cancer. Then a breast cancer survivor will speak about her experience. This event will take place at the Java Jinx and Cole Hall on Oct. 16 and 17.

Announcements from the meeting for the members attending were that homecoming packets are due on Wednesday the twenty-fifth and that the Salsa Competition will be held Wednesday the twenty-fifth at noon in the Java Jinx.

Hanna House is a freshman majoring in communication. You can email her at hanna.house@sckans.edu