By Kacey Stout

Student Government Association meeting on Oct. 15 went very well. President Tavinia Tucker was in charge of the meeting. The topics discussed were as follows: Pride Builders fund president J. Mase III to come to campus, Education Builders requested t-shirts, Kelsey Smith to serve as the representative on said committee, SC ministry requested funds for equipment, SCATS would like to purchase equipment for fundraising purposes, and Tone Builders and Campus Players team up for Halloween haunted house fundraiser.

Pride Builders would like to fund president J. Mase III to come to campus. There will be activities along with poetry reading and coffee. This allocation passed with a majority vote with no oppositions.

Education Builders requested funds to order t-shirts for their organization. Education Builders will be ordering 30 shirts and will be finished when their logo is finalized.

Kansas State Department of Education has selected Kelsey Smith to serve as the student representative on said committee. She will be representing SC on Wednesday Oct. 23 in Topeka. This allocation passed with no oppositions.

SC ministry requests funds to purchase equipment to promote and share awareness of various campus ministries on Southwestern College campus. A Cannon HDSLR camera with video microphone is on the wish list. This allocation passed and will be followed up when all SC ministries’ paper work is finalized.

SCATS requests the purchase of a Sure Cuts A lot 2 and a number cartridge to help customize crafts to be used for fundraising. This allocation was passed by majority vote with no oppositions.

Tone Builders and Campus Players have joined forces in a dual effort to fundraise by creating a haunted house for Halloween. Children admission will be $3 and adult admission will be $5 during community shows. It will be from 8:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. on Oct. 28-29. For students, faculty, and staff admission will be free from 9:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. on Oct. 28-29. This will be held in the Darbuth building and should be a spook-tacular time. This allocation passed with majority vote and no oppositions.

The next SGA meeting will be held at 8:30 Oct. 29 in the Pound Lounge.

Kacey Stout is a junior majoring in Communication. You may email him at kacey.stout@sckans.edu