By Kacey Stout

Student Government Association assembled at 9 p.m. Oct. 7. Vice President Brenna Truhe was in charge with the meeting of 19 in attendance. The topics that were discussed were the overall outcome of homecoming, homecoming t-shirt payment, and upcoming events.

The main topic of the meeting was homecoming discussed in a session titled “S.W.O.T” which stood for strength, weakness, opportunity, and threats.

As for strengths: student participation, t-shirts for homecoming, bonfire, tie die shirting event, and the scavenger hunt.

The weaknesses of homecoming were a lack of advertisement of events, more organizations need to get involved, and better directions to make the events run smoother.

Opportunities that were missed were coronation walk through, connecting with Alumni throughout the week, and letting the city of Winfield know it is homecoming by placing a big banner down town.

Threats against homecoming was the absence of a campus life director, disconnect between SGA and STUFU, possible too early for homecoming, and the clash of the high school’s homecoming in the same week.

There was an additional 50 shirts that were purchased for $300.00 in purpose of homecoming week and the funds were unanimously voted on to be paid by the SGA.

Starting at 2 p.m. Oct. 12 there will be a light bulb change out to LED. Oct. 18 there will be a Food Pantry Run with a donation of a food item and a $25 dollar runner fee that will include a shirt. Free movie night will be 9:30 p.m. Oct. 29 at Cowley Cinema.

There will be no SGA meeting on Oct. 21 due to fall break. They will not meet again until November.

Kacey Stout is a junior majoring in communication. You may email him at kacey.stout@sckans.edu