By Amber Hart

Student Government Association had their weekly meeting Oct. 4 in the Pounds Lounge. The meeting started out by inaugurating freshman president Lauren Strain, biochemistry freshman, by advisor Jessica McIver. When asked what it was like to be inaugurated as the freshman president, Strain said, “Short and sweet. I wasn’t really sure what to expect, but I love how it is organized and kind of fancy.” The inauguration process consisted of standing standing with her right hand in the air as she recited the inauguration oath.

Strain also discussed what her goals as freshman class president are. “My short term goals are really just having our class truly come together as one and really get to know each other and work together to make things happen.” said Strain. As for her long term goals Strain said, “It’s hard for me to say my long term goals because I’m not fully aware of my duties, but I definitely have long term goals that I look forward to pursuing as president.”

On Oct. 29 there will be a 5k run benefiting breast cancer awareness at the Winfield Fair Grounds. The proceeds will be split, half going to the National Breast Cancer Association and the other half will go towards community service for Phi Delta Theta.

Nine Lives will be putting on a “Candy Spook Show” Oct. 29 in Richardson Hall. They will have a show as well as give out candy to kids who come.

The SCATS members will be raising money by selling Casey’s pizza and donut cards to the public to be able to send their members to their Nation Convention.

Amber Hart is a freshman majoring in communication. You may e-mail her at Amber.Hart@sckans.edu