By Adonus Jaquez

An SGA meeting took place at 9:05 p.m. on Sept. 23 in the campus life room. Taylor Fogle, SGA president, and Brenna Truhe, SGA vice president ran the meeting.

Truhe and Abby Gengler, SGA treasurer, attended the curricular meeting where they discussed five catalogs. Changing campus classes and suspension policies where discussed.

The group talked about funds for organizations on campus. Each organization received $800 plus an extra $120 for personal development.

Homecoming was one highlight of the meeting. Voting is now closed and votes are to be counted by Wednesday night. Over 200 people voted for homecoming candidates. Official candidates will be posted on Thursday in the Jinx Tale. Voting for Homecoming King and Queen will be held from 11:15 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. on Sept. 29 and Sept. 30 in the café.

They went over different group activities such as Black Student Union, Ukulele Society, Tonebuilders, and 9 lives.

A committee working on student concerns will host a survey launching next week in the café. Filling out a survey will put your name in a drawing to win a $25 Master card or Visa gift card.

Towards the end of the meeting, a change in location of voting booths was brought to attention, mainly for off campus students who don’t eat at the café.

The meeting ended at 9:20 p.m. The next meeting will be held at 9:05 p.m. on Oct. 7 in the campus life room.

Adonus Jaquez is a freshman majoring in communication. You can email him at adonus.jaquez@sckans.edu