By Gabby Gamez

Student Government Association assembled at 9:05 p.m. Nov. 4. Vice President Brenna Truhe led the meeting with 16 in attendance. The topics discussed included events taking place on campus, and future campus committees.

One of the many topics brought up in the meeting was discussing the Campus Life Office renovations. The plan that both SGA and STUFU have are to paint the back wall with chalk paint, and another being a mural. With a limited budget the staff is limited to what they can purchase per semester. The office is in need of new furniture, TV, white board, lighting, and new rugs.

With the upcoming spring semester Senator Abby Gengler reported recently sending out budget allocation forms for the organizations to fill out, and return by their budget meeting Nov. 16. Gengler then went on to explain the budgets will be open for the organizations use two days following the budget distribution meeting.

Looking ahead to the upcoming campus event SGA brought up the theater productions of Uncle Vanya and Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike. Explore More day will be taking place this Saturday, and the committee talked about being friendly, and helpful to all possible incoming students visiting. Also the much anticipated Powder Puff game coming up next Thursday. The coaches revealed were president Merriman, and Coach Denly. The girls will begin practice at 7:15 p.m. in Jantz Stadium; then the game will take place at 8 p.m. where they hope to see a squad of male cheerleaders.

STUFU president Montana Rickey mentioned that the STUFU executives decided that SC Christmas theme would be “Worth Melting For.” It was discussed that they did not want to pay for the rights to use Olaf from the movie Frozen.

Rickey also brought up her meeting with President Merriman and how he is looking for students who could be on committees to decide the best way to renovate the different areas that are in the Student Center, and also input on new dorm set ups. All these different building and renovations will cost about $30 million in which the President is finding sponsors for.

The next meeting will be on Nov. 18 at 9:05 p.m. in the Campus Life Office.

Gabby Gamez is a junior majoring in communication. You may contact her at gabby.gamez@sckans.edu.