By Katie Vorderstrasse

Student Government Association had their weekly meeting Oct. 25 at 5:30 p.m. in Pounds Lounge. To begin the meeting, the invocation was given by president Jordy Train, business administration senior.  Following, roll was called. The approval of minutes was made by senator Derreck Carter-House, biochemistry senior.

The officers then gave their reports. “It feels like a long time since we’ve met,” said Train. His organization is looking to add Bowl for Kid’s Sake.

“We have been working on designs for t-shirts,” reported secretary Becca Bustraan, education sophomore. The Student Foundation is working on a St. Jude’s Walk. This event will be next week during Builder Health Week.

Several other events are coming up. Nov. 2 Tri-Beta will be selling t-shirts for the student body. Friday night of fun will be Nov. 4. The evening will start off with The One Thing Fellowship from 5 p.m until 8 p.m. Train reported, “This event will have snacks, games, prizes and a speaker.” At 9 p.m. the Tonebuilders will hold Karaoke Night from 8 p.m. until 10 p.m. in Darbeth Rehearsal Hall. That same evening, the campus players will host the Nine Lives improve show at 9 p.m. Schedule is subject to change.

The next SGA senate meeting will be Nov. 1 at 5:30 p.m. in Pounds Lounge. These meetings are open to the student body.

Katie Vorderstrasse is a freshman majoring in communications. You may e-mail her at katie.vorderstrasse@sckans.edu.