By Kyle Killgore

Two members of the Southwestern College track and field team qualified for nationals with their performances at the SC Relays Saturday.

Alyssa Zentner, business senior, qualified for nationals in the women’s javelin with a distance of 39.23 meters, winning the competition by nearly two meters.

Brandyn Willard, physical education junior, had a time of 54.40 seconds in the men’s 400 meter hurdles which qualified him for nationals. Willard also came in third for the 110 meter hurdles with a time of 16.23.

Frank Adelman, biology senior, won the 5000 meter by more than nine seconds.

Eric Anders, biology junior, won the 3000 meter steeplechase with a time of 10:17.14 minutes. David Leonard, business sophomore, finished fourth in the same race.

Kelsey Buffum, mathematics freshman, was able to come out on top in the 3000 meter steeplechase with a time of 12.26.45.

Christine Shepard, physical performance and sports studies junior, was .3 seconds off of the leader in the 100 meter run with a time of 12.63, coming in third. Ashlee Wenrick, biochemistry freshman, came in fourth in that race with a time of 12.87.

There are a few more opportunities for Builders to claim their spot at Nationals. The KCAC Outdoor Championships will start up on May 2. Then the final meet to qualify will be the ESU Spring Twilight Last Chance Meet on May 11.

Kyle Killgore is a junior majoring in communication. You may email him at Kyle.Killgore@sckans.edu