By Hanna House
Photo Editor

There is a new face on campus this week known by some but unfamiliar to the larger campus. J.D. Walt is here on campus talking with students, staff and faculty. Walt is a well known author and Chief Sower for the blog Seedbed.

As it says on Seedbed.com, “Seedbed resources people, communities, and movements to love the whole world with the whole gospel. To this end, and in all these ways, we are sowing together for a great awakening.”

Walt is known by many of the faculty and staff here including Molly Just, director of Discipleship, and Ben Hanne, campus minister. During his time at Southwestern, Walt gathered with Dr. Jackson Lashier, professor of religion, at his house for desserts and students were invited as a come-and-go event. Walt then delivered the message at chapel and afterwards was a lunch at the Eatery where all were invited to attend and hear more of what Walt had to say about Seedbed and how God is moving within the company. Walt has returned to his home in Tennessee but if you are interested in contacting him for more information, contact Just at Molly.Just@sckans.edu for his contact information.

Pictured above: J.D. Walt, Seedbed author, spoke in chapel on Wednesday. (Hanna House/Staff photographer)

Hanna House is a junior majoring in communication. You can email her at hanna.house@sckans.edu.