Nikki Dart, junior forward, battles with a Manhattan Christian defender during the women's 1-0 victory at home Wednesday. The win improved the women's record to 4-3-1. (Carly Budd/Collegian photographer)

By Katie Vorderstrasse

The women’s soccer team shut out Manhattan Christian College, Sept. 27 at home 1-0. The Builders improved their record to 4-3-1.

MCC’s record was 1-5 before the game. “They were a beatable team, with a few good key players,” said Nikki Dart, freshman forward.

“We came out really flat. We played down to their level, but really stepped it up the last half,” said Katie Bipes, senior forward.

The Builders scored at the 16:42 mark in the second half with a goal by Maddie Chapin, sophomore center. “We passed the ball very well. The majority of the game was on their field. We had 24 shots, and nine of them were on goal. Our opponent only had five shots and one on goal,” said Joe Wood, head coach.

Dart said, “We could have played better than what we did. I look forward to the next game as we continue to improve.”

The Lady Builders will host Friends University at 11 a.m. Sept 30 on the turf. This game begins conference play for the women, Friends record is 2-6.

Katie Vorderstrasse is a freshman majoring in communications. You may e-mail her at katie.vorderstrasse@sckans.edu.