Pictured above: Brad Andrews, president, animatedly speaks about the next recipient during the awards ceremony at the faculty recognition reception in the student center on April 15. (Kylie Stamper/Staff photographer)

Maggie Dunning
Assistant Online EditorĀ 

Cheryl Rude, professor of leadership studies, and Brenda Hicks, director of financial aid, smile and joke while they walk back to their seats after receiving gifts and an award recognizing years of service. Hicks and Rude received this award to acknowledge their 25 years of service. (Maggie Dunning/Staff photographer)
Carrie Lane, associate professor of psychology, goes to hug Aidan Goodrich, marine biology junior. Goodrich, presented the award of behalf of SGA. (Maggie Dunning/Staff photographer)
Aidan Goodrich, marine biology junior. Goodrich, president of SGA, hands Kathy Mignone her staff citation for her dedication to and hard work for the students. (Maggie Dunning/Staff photographer)
Susan Lowe, director of alumni programs, reaches out to hug DeAnn Dockery, vice-president for institutional advancement, after Lowe receives an award recognizing her for the work she puts into keeping in contact with alumni. (Maggie Dunning/Staff photographer)
Richard Barnes, associate professor of management and economics, prepares to make a short speech before returning to his seat after getting the Fassnacht Faculty Award. Andy Sheppard, provost, Brad Andrews, president, and the rest of the audience applaud him and his accomplishments. (Maggie Dunning/Staff photographer)
Jeremy Kirk, director of bands and percussion, smiles for his peers as he holds the United Methodist Exemplary Teacher Award that President Andrews gave him for his work with the band and percussion ensembles. (Kylie Stamper/Staff photographer)

Maggie Dunning is a senior majoring in communication. You may email her at margaret.dunning@sckans.edu