By Samantha Gillis

After the last regular season meet, when both the women’s 4 X 400 Relay team and the men’s distance medley relay team received first place at Missouri Southern University in Joplin, Mo., the indoor track team is preparing for nationals.

The NAIA National Indoor Track and Field Championships will take place on March 3-5 at the Geneva Area Recreational, Educational and Athletic Trust Sports Complex in Geneva, Ohio.
For the men’s 4 X 800M Relay the qualifiers are Conner Drendel, elementary education senior, Chris Copeland, psychology senior, Sam McDaniel, nursing freshman, and Carrington Crum, elementary education junior.

The qualifiers for the men’s distance medley relay are Darnell Pittman, business junior, Chandler Kirkhart, business senior, Chris Donald, freshman, and McDaniel.

For men’s 600M the qualifiers are Donald and Pittman. For the 800M it is Copeland. For the 1000M Drendel and Crum qualified. Colton McNinch, freshman, qualified for the 5000M and Kevin Rodgers, junior, qualified for the Long Jump.

On the women’s team the qualifiers for the distance medley relay are Jordan Unruh, nursing senior, Anjaih Clemons, business administration senior, Taylor Kinnamon, business administration junior, and Amy Pierson, nursing senior. They are currently ranked 33rd in the nation.

Pierson will also be competing in the 1000M run. She is currently ranked 13th overall and was National Runner-up in the 1000M event last year.

Samantha Gillis is a senior majoring in convergent journalism. You may e-mail her at samantha.gillis@sckans.edu.