By Ozzie Briesch and Bailey VenJohn
Staff reporters

With last year’s conference season ending in 3 wins and 6 losses, the Builders look forward to this year in a positive way.

The Builders will get their first chance, Saturday, Aug. 31 at 1:30 PM. The game will be against Oklahoma Baptist on their home field.

The team has brought in over 30 freshman and transfers in hopes to improve their record this season.

With their first game on Saturday November 31st, Southwestern head coach Ken Crandall hopes to improve the teams record by training his players harder than ever before the first game.

Although the team was picked to finish second to last overall in the preseason poll, the team is not too worried.

Crandall said “I don’t really worry about it, I think it fires up the players even more than myself.”

As a new season is underway Matt Thompson, senior lineman, feels the team has a weapon that the Bison team won’t expect to face.

“We have that bond between teammates that we haven’t had in years past” said Thompson.

The Bisons, picked to place sixth overall in the polls, look to their returning star players Cale Grauer, sophomore quarterback, and Darryl Fields Jr., sophomore running back, to pull off a victory against the Builders.

Ozzie is a freshman majoring in adio and TV production.  You may email Ozzie at ozzie.briesch@sckans.edu.