By Thomas Noble

Phi Delta Theta will host a Thanksgiving turkey feed from 4 to 7 p.m. Nov. 18 at Grace United Methodist Church.

The entire community is welcome to come and enjoy turkey catered by Sodexo. Traditional Thanksgiving food such as corn, mashed potatoes and stuffing will be served. Phi Delta Theta will donate the remaining food to Grace United Methodist Church, which hosts a community meal every Thursday.

This is the second year that Phi Delta Theta will host a turkey feed. Last year they served 200 meals and this year they hope to serve more 250. Last year several members of Grace United Methodist Church were in attendance.

After the meal, Grace United Methodist Church will have their annual Thanksgiving service. People at the turkey feed are encouraged to attend.

RJ Schnack, elementary education senior, and Jessie Riggs, liberal arts senior, are both part of Phi Delta Theta and will be helping with the turkey feed.

Riggs said, “Being able to see the look on their face and know we are doing something good and the fact that we are doing the turkey feed for them and not ourselves makes it so much better.”

Schnack said, “My favorite thing is the social aspect, I have heard so many good stories from people at the church.”

Thomas Noble is a freshman majoring in communication. You may email him at Thomas.Noble@sckans.edu.