In less than 72 hours the third ranked Lady Builders lace up to face the No. 6 Lady Braves for the third time this season. The Builders swept the Braves twice this season, but this one will be the one that determines which team will move on to play the next round in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference Tournament.

Ottawa is on a hot streak, winning three of their last four games. They are coming off a road victory against Friends University 88-55 last Thursday. This win helped the Lady Braves take sixth in the KCAC. They are 11-17 overall, and 8-10 in conference play.

The Lady Braves are very strong in offensive scoring, averaging 50.61 per game, which ranks them sixth overall in the conference. Maggie Hasenkamp, senior guard, ranks 14th in scoring in the conference. Hasenkamp averages 10.50 points per game.

Even though Ottawa is a good scoring team, they tend to struggle on the boards. Ottawa averages 37.54 rebounds per game, which is sixth in the KCAC.

Ottawa brings two other secret weapons to Stewart Field House. Kiki Smith, junior guard, ranks sixth in the KCAC for total assists. Smith averages 2.67 assists per game. Her teammate Tessa Porter, junior forward, ranks seventh in the conference for total rebounds. Porter averages 6.36 rebounds per game.

The Builders are coming off of a win from Saturday night against University of Saint Mary 65-34. This win extended their winning streak to seven. They are 21-6 overall, and 14-4 in conference.

The Lady Builders are dangerous from the field averaging 71.11 points per game, which ranks them third overall in the conference. Brett Bates, senior guard, helps lead the Lady Builders in scoring. Bates is ranked third in KCAC averaging 14.39 points per game, and she is also tied ninth in KCAC for assists averaging 2.48 assists per game.

The Builders struggle in defense rebounds, with only a total of 41.48. This ranks them ninth in conference for defense rebounds. They do dominate on the offensive board ranking second. The Lady Builders average 42.7 offensive rebounds per game. Their rebounding success has come from Tyler Hartfield, senior forward, who is ranked third in conference averaging 8.15 per game.

The game tips off Thursday at 7 p.m. in Stewart Field House.

Erica Dunigan is a junior majoring in convergent journalism. You may e-mail her at erica.dunigan@sckans.edu .