By Rodney Marner

Second day woes hurt women’s golf team. They went through some tough trials on the second day of the tournament. The wind picked up a little and the hole locations were a handful, nothing seemed to go their way.” You had to play holes two shots in advance, due to the location of the holes on day two” said Hannah Mason, biology freshman.

This tournament was the Stars Fall Classic hosted by Oklahoma City University at Lincoln Park West Golf Course in Oklahoma City, Okla.

The team ended up finish last out of 12 teams, second day really hurt the team. They shot a 360 for day two.  “We still supported each other, because we know that we all tried our best” said Mason.

“It was not just like they were the only ones who had it hard, all the other team scores for the second day went up as well” said Brad Sexson, head coach.

On the other hand the first day was a totally different story they played well shooting a 336 team total. Everything was going right on the first day. The weather was nice, hole locations were in good places. “We all played well the first day, everything just seemed to click” said Natalie Eldridge, digital arts sophomore.

The team had a bad start, just did not adapt well to the hole locations, or the way the course played on the second day of the tournament.

They did a lot of things right in the tournament. Hannah Mason continued to play well finishing 37 and shooting a 166 two day total.

This tournament was different than most for the Lady Builders they took all of the golfers on the team. Usually they have to battle for the top five spots to get to go to the tournaments.

“This is the best they have played at this course in a couple of years, I was proud of how they played” said Sexson.  It is the first time that three of them have played at this course before. They also did not have a practice round due to the rain on Sunday.

They have a young team this year with three freshmen, three sophomores, and one senior. All these fall tournaments were a good for the underclassmen to get more experience under their belts.

They also played well in all the tournaments even this one even though the results did not show they did. They only finished three strokes behind Northwood University. Northwood University is in Cedar Hill Texas, which beat them to go to Nationals last year.

This tournament finished up the fall tournaments for the women’s golf team, “adding that experience was good for this young team, we are expecting to produce a good spring” said Sexson.  The team is off until the spring season.

Rodney Marner is a freshman majoring in convergent journalism. You may e-mail him at rodney.marner@sckans.edu.