By Hanna House

This time of year everyone is in need of a little stress reliever and Student Life is well aware of that. Next week Student Life is bringing in multiple fun things like bongo balls and bingo, to help students have fun.

April 19-24 is the week of Stau Bau and the Campus Life staff has been planning to make this years’ event the best yet. Last year the staff brought in bongo balls and had a relay race among other things. Throughout the week, all the classes work together to collect more points than the other classes to be named the overall winner of Stau Bau and collect their prize.

“Normally we have done Freemium Fridays but they wanted to move it to Thursday so we are going to do a Wii tournament in the Campus Life office,” said Anjaih Clemons, director of Campus Life.

The schedule of events are:
* Sunday: Water Assassin begins; signups are in the cafeteria this week.
* Monday: Bingo in the cafeteria at 8 p.m.
* Tuesday: Bongo Balls in Stewart Field House from 6-9 p.m.
* Wednesday: Free Movie Night at Cowley Cinema 8 starting at 9 p.m.
* Thursday: Wii tournament in Campus Life office during lunch and dinner.
* Friday: Live concert on the lawn across from Wallingford at 6 p.m.

“I am most looking forward to the Bongo Balls that we are having in the gym on Tuesday or the concert on Friday,” said Marci Diepenbrock, athletic training sophomore.

This years’ theme for the week is Nintendo. Each class gets a different character from a game to represent them.

Stau Bau is a fun time for students to relax and enjoy each other’s company before summer break.

“I think Stau Bau is important because students need spring activities. I think it is important to have organized spring activities where we can help build on the community for the campus,” said Dan Falk, dean of students.

Hanna House is a sophomore majoring in communication. You can email her at hanna.house@sckans.edu.