By Maggie Dunning

The quiet hustle and bustle in the town of Winfield suits Debbie McAlister-Gallander just fine.

“I’m a country girl. I enjoy being outdoors. Anything that has to do with outdoor life,” said McAlister-Gallander.

Debbie McAlister-Gallander is the new director for the Master of Business Administration program.

She arrived on Aug. 18 and because of that she says she’s still learning about Southwestern, the MBA program and the students.

“I’m like a sponge, soaking up as much information as possible,” said McAlister-Gallander.

Her job here is to continue everything in the MBA program, including working and looking for opportunities for growth and development within the program.

“It’s my duty and commitment to make sure that the students in the MBA program have the best education and experience possible,” she said.

McAlister-Gallander has a temporary office in Mossman 105D. She has no set office hours yet and encourages MBA students and prospective students to stop by and talk to her.

“If they are in the MBA program currently then I would like to know their perspective. If they are not in the MBA program yet I can help them answer some questions and tell them what it’s all about,” said McAlister-Gallander.

McAlister-Gallander holds a M.S. in Organizational Development form Pepperdine University. She was the Coordinator of the Autry Technology Center in Enid, Okla.

Maggie Dunning is a junior majoring in communication. You can email her at margaret.dunning@sckans.edu

.