Is at SC because…
I attended Southwestern College in the years of 2003-2008. I ran track and field for Southwestern. I worked part-time as a Coordinator of Student Foundation, while attending WSU for graduate school. After I graduated from WSU I was then hired full-time as the Coordinator of Student Foundation and I’m also the Resident Director for Broadhurst.
Responsibilities…
Hessing is Coordinator of Student Foundation. Hessing advises the largest student run organization on campus. Hessing said, “We focus on traditions, leadership, and event planning. It’s a hand’s on position, but I like to give the students the opportunity to make this experience theirs, so that the students can go away with a feeling of accomplishment.” Hessing is also the Resident Director for Broadhurst. Hessing makes sure the RA’s are doing their job right, and help make sure the students in Broadhurst are being responsible, but also enjoying living in Broadhurst.
Most excited about…
Hessing said, “It goes without saying the job is innately an entertaining position to be in. But, the possibility to make some impact of the life of Southwestern students and community of Winfield is what ultimately drives me to get up in the morning.
A little about you…
Before I was full time I was pretty much doing the same thing as part-time, and was attending WSU for graduate school taking nine hours. I was also teaching another six hours at WSU. While attending WSU I was also driving back and forth from Wichita three days, and if I can survive all that and take that energy and taking on this job I will be ok.