By Cameron Siefkes

Bob Hall, a nationally-renowned speaker will lead a seminar entitled “Nonviolent Sexuality: Making Peace with Passion” at 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. Wednesday in Messenger Hall.

The seminar will be an interactive experience for those who attend. Dan Falk, dean of students, said Hall brings along a sofa and invites students on-stage to act out scenarios.

He said, “Students will learn a lot and in the end be more aware and make good decisions.”

Hall is a former board member of the New York state coalition against sexual assault and three time nominee for the National Association for Campus Activities lecturer of the year. Falk helped in the decision to bring Hall to speak to students. Falk said, “I received three good references from other schools. They said he is good at engaging college students.”

Originally, Hall was to speak during Builder Camp. Falk said the decision to wait until school was in session will allow a larger amount of students to attend. He claims it will be a better use of money and a program which will be good for not only freshmen, but the whole campus.

Hall will be speaking about a variety of issues such as making wise decisions, how to deal with conflict and abstinence. 

Cameron Siefkes is a senior majoring in communication. You may e-mail her at cameron.siefkes@sckans.edu.