The Winfield Public Library is hosting a local group for National Novel Writing Month, known also as NaNoWriMo.

NaNoWriMo Day is Nov. 1.  Go to the Winfield Public Library and write anytime 9am – 6pm.  A NaNoWriMo table will be set up for you to write and say hello to other writers.

Now in its 15th year, NaNoWriMo expects a historic 500,000 writers to join the largest writing event in the world.

The challenge is to write 50,000 words of a novel in the 30 days of November.  Half a million people on all seven continents, including one very chilly writer at Antarctica’s McMurdo Station, will set aside the time to write their stories this November.

If you’ve ever even thought of writing a novel, now is your chance.

“NaNoWriMo is an unbeatable way to write the first draft of a novel because it’s such a powerful antidote to that horrible foe of creativity: selfdoubt,”said Grant Faulkner, Executive Director.

“NaNoWriMo is a rollicking conversation about all aspects of writing, and an invitation to dare to do what seems impossible. As many NaNoWriMo writers have discovered, the best way to learn to write a novel is by simply plunging in to write a novel.”

An incredible line-up of authors will support writers participating in NaNoWriMo with letters full of wisdom and encouragement.

These Pep Talkers includes James Patterson, Lev Grossman, and Rainbow Rowell, who wrote the first draft of her critically acclaimed YA novel, Fangirl, during NaNoWriMo 2012.

Go to the Winfield Public Library to write during NaNoWriMo for moral support or come and write at the library anytime.

You can also sign up just to get yourself motivated to write on your own.  One question many have asked is, “Do I have to show anyone my work?”  No you don’t.

NaNoWriMo just gives you the deadline that most of us need to get our novel written.

NaNoWriMo is about you doing what it takes for you to write that novel you’ve always wanted to write.  The world needs your novel!

Stop by the library for more information.  When you sign up at the library you are entered to win prizes – including the writer’s gift basket grand prize.

For more information call 221-4470 or email library@wpl.org.  Also find us at https://www.facebook.com/WinfieldLibrary and https://twitter.com/KS_Library.