The world watched opening night of the Olympics. Feb. 12. A sequel has been created to spin the world into yet another action after 25 years.

We Are the World 25th anniversary video was released for the entire world to see. The message was as clear as the one 25 years ago. However, this one was not for the famine in Africa. It was for the recent tragedy in Haiti.

“We Are the World” was originally produced in 1985. Quincy Jones, producer, alongside Lionel Richie and Michael Jackson, writer and co-writer, assembled a cast of musical artists including Bruce Springsteen, Cyndi Lauper, Stevie Wonder, Billy Joel, Tina Turner, Ray Charles, Diana Ross, Willie Nelson and Bob Dylan.

The Grammy award winning “We Are the World” soared to no. 1 on music charts around the world. It was also named the biggest selling single of all time.

Now the song has been rerecorded, once again, to aid people in dire need of help. After the massive earthquake in Haiti, thousands were killed and thousands more were left homeless.

History was made once again on Feb. 1 when more than 100 artists in the music industry came together to help fund Haitian relief efforts.

Among the artists were Justin Bieber, Jennifer Hudson, Miley Cyrus, Lil’ Wayne, Barbara Streisand, Jamie Foxx, Mary J. Blige, Janet Jackson, Nicole Scherzinger, Toni Braxton, Enrique Iglesias, Fergie, Wyclef Jean, Celine Dion, Usher, Jeff Bridges, Rob Thomas, Jason Mraz, Pink, Adam Levine, Jonas Brothers, Sugarland, Kanye West, LL Cool J, Akon, T-Pain, Mary Mary, BeBe Winans, Carlos Santana and Trey Song.

The video was recorded at Jim Henson Studios in Los Angeles, where the original video was shot. A diverse group of famous artists from all genres united to sing solos and participate in the choir.

Wyclef Jean, Haitian-American songwriter, singer and rapper, was also one of the producers. Singing in English and Creole, his vocals refer back to Afro- Haitian roots. He used his unique vocals to create his solo part in a cry for his people.

Artist Will.i.am, from the group Black Eyed Peas, flipped the song by incorporating a rap into the remake. He, along with rappers Snoop Dog, Drake, Swiss Beats, Busta Rhymes, Kanye West and LL Cool J all rapped the verse in unison.

Academy Award-winning director Paul Haggis, director of “Crash,” added his own twist to the 1985 original setting. He included images from Haiti of hopeful children laughing and playing in the destruction from the earthquake.

Contributions will mainly stream from downloading the song, and buying the single in stores. The song can be purchased on iTunes. You can also go to www.world25.org to purchase the song and make donations.

“We Are the World” originally funded $63 million to Africa. The question is will “We Are the World-25 2010” have the same effect?