By Hanna House
Staff Reporter

Deborah Martin, music sophomore and Kaitlin Kendel, music sophomore performed in chapel on Wednesday at 11 a.m. in messenger hall. (Jonathan Woon/Collegian photographer)

A new year means new people. New people means fresh new talent. Martin Rude, director of Outreach Ministry, is looking for some of this fresh new talent roaming campus to join the Worship Outreach team.

The Worship Outreach team is looking to incorporate a whole new band. There are already two bands on campus, Keynotes and Selah. The two bands alternate weeks for playing at chapel.

“We have plenty of room to integrate even 20 people,” said Rude. “We are looking for people who love to honestly connect with other people. We are looking for drummers and guitar players.”

Lindsey Graber, chemistry sophomore said, “Ideally we would have a guitar player, piano player, percussion and singers.”

The Worship Outreach team not only leads worship at chapel on Wednesday, but also take trips to churches around the area and share their talents with their congregation.

“We went to Salina, Wichita and local churches nearby,” said Deborah Martin, music sophomore.

People who are interested person can contact Rude and set up a time for audition.

“I will listen to them play or sing and get an idea of where they are in their talent level and then fit them into a place that works best,” said Rude.

The bands meet once a week at and chapel is every Wednesday at 11 a.m. in Messenger.

Hanna House is a freshman majoring in communications. You can email her at hanna.house@sckans.edu.