By Daegiona Wilson

Moundbuilder sports had a successful weekend, as women’s soccer, men’s basketball and football all secured victories.

Three Builders were named KCAC player of week. Rachel Sanders, senior defender, Tony Kiser, junior center, and Freddy Botello, junior kicker, gained honors.

Sanders was essential in women’s soccer win over Saint Mary on Saturday. She was a force backfield helping stop multiple attack attempts from the Spires offensive.

The Builders clinched a 2-0 shutout against a solid Spires squad. Sanders effort gives the Builders a 4-3 record. Next the Moundbuilders will head to Bethany College 2 p.m. Oct. 30 at Anderson Athletic Complex.

Kinser played well in both Moundbuilder men’s basketball games this past week. They competed against Spurgeon College Monday night, and Calvary College Friday evening.

Between the two games, Kinser totaled eight blocks and 12 rebounds, in just 20 minutes playing per competition. Eight of the 12 rebounds were defensive. He also scored 16 points in game one and 11 in game two.

This moves the Builders to a 2-0 record, as they face Bacone College at 7 p.m. on Tuesday Oct. 27 at Stewart Field House.

Saturday afternoon, Moundbuilder football continued their perfect season, defeating the Spires 59-3. Both the Builder offensive and defensive was a force.

The special teams crew added to this, with Botello coming up big. He was 8-8 for extra points, including a 41-yarder into the wind. He also had an average of 47-yards per kick-off.

This moves the Builders to 4-0, as they look ahead to Sterling College 1:30 p.m. Oct 31 at Jantz Stadium.