Alejandra Rojas

Raw and dangerously funny, Johnny Knoxville and company return for the third installment of the hit TV show spin-off, Jackass, where Knoxville and friends perform dangerous stunts.

Ruthless as can be, the stunts attempted during the documentary are meant to catch laugher for the audience as the cast dodges buffalos, bulls, paintballs, punches in the face and hits on their private areas. Not only do they attempt to perform stunts, but the cast allows room to prank people in the streets.   The rest of the cast include: Bam Margera, Ryan Dunn, Steve-O, Jason Acuna, Preston Lacy, Chris Pontius, Ehren McGhehey, Dave England and Loomis Fall.

The 3-D effect made the movie more than the usual dangerous stunts. The effect allowed the audience to experience any explosives being set off during the stunt.

Jackass 3-D is rated R, which is no surprise considering the male nudity, extremely crude and dangerous stunts throughout and for language. Despite the unattractive storyline, the movie grossed over $50 million on opening day, Oct. 17.

This movie is definitely not a date movie and is targeted more towards the male audience. Although, women do find a taste for viewing these types of movies there is a weird amusement in watching the cast being punched in the face or in the agony they experience after the performed stunts.

I would consider this movie to be a good time for male bonding, but girlfriends can please their boyfriends by suggesting this movie, just don’t expect to laugh because the stunts are funny or out of entertainment, but just perhaps at how idiotic the cast must be do this. If you are like me, I wondered,“who thought to do this,” throughout the entire movie.

If this is your type of thing, men basically fighting for their lives, then Jackass 3-D is a must see. I wouldn’t recommend for anyone who has a weak stomach.

While I have to admit, this isn’t the usual movie that catches my interest, the buzz regarding the film persuaded me to give it a chance and go see with my own eyes what all the hoop-la was all about. This certainly isn’t going on my top-ten favorite movies, but at least I can say I watched real jackasses and they certainly made fools of themselves.

Alejandra Rojas is a senior majoring in communication. You may e-mail her at alejandra.rojas@sckans.edu.