Joe Vargas, senior wide receiver, makes a run during the second quarter. Vargas ended the game with 8 catches and three touchdowns. (Angel Vadillo/Collegian photographer)

Joe Vargas, senior wide receiver, makes a run during the second quarter. Vargas ended the game with 8 catches and three touchdowns to tie the school’s record of most touchdown catches. (Angel Vadillo/Collegian photographer)

The Moundbuilders ran over Bethel Threshers 86-36 Saturday afternoon. Quick into the game, the Builders managed to score two back-to-back touchdowns to control the rest of the game.

The first quarter finalized 21-7 for the Builders.

During the second quarter, Joe Vargas, senior wide receiver, scored a 94 yard touchdown catch which made score differential higher. Bethel answered with a 79 yard touchdown reception within seconds to put the score 35-21. Not long after, Vargas caught another ball in the in-zone to send the Builders to the locker rooms up 42-21.

The Builders came out ready to increase the score in the second half as they put in 27 more points in the third quarter. The last quarter saw the Builders scoring a single touchdown. Bether answered with a touchdown as well to put the Builders up to a final 50-point differential score.

Brady May, senior quarterback, set a new school record with six touchdown passes. May had one interception and 17 passes completed from 28 attempted. He had 300 yards. Vargas tied a school record  of most touchdown catches with three.

Builder football now stands 4-3 in the conference. They will hit the road on Oct. 26 to face No. 8 Ottawa. The Braves stand 4-1 in the KCAC.

Brady May, senior quarterback, gives the ball to Spencer Pullen, sophomore running back. Pullen had 164 yards and two touchdowns. (Angel Vadillo/Collegian photographer)

Tyler Crandall, sophomore quarterback, runs with the ball during the second quarter. Clayton Yancey, junior offensive line, and CJ Marple, junior tight end, try to protect Crandall. (Angel Vadillo/Collegian photographer)

Angel Vadillo is a junior majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.