By Ozzie Briesch

The Southwestern Men’s Basketball team overwhelmed Baptist Bible this weekend with a powerful offense, ending the game 87-62.

The Moundbuilders shot 41 percent inside the arc, while sinking 33.3 percent behind the line. The Moundbuilders also shot 66.7 percent in free throws.

Just after the whistle, Vince Folston 6’6’’ senior forward gave the Moundbuilders the lead with a two pointer. With 18 and a half minutes left the defenders took the lead after a 3 pointer from Wesley Sheppard.

It only took the Moundbuilders two minutes to catch back up with two free throws from William Tisdale, a junior guard/forward, from then on the Moundbuilders led the Defenders for the rest of the match.

“We were good aggressively and did good at drawing in fouls, which helped us control the rest of the game,” said Cameron Clark junior forward.

The Moundbuilders led the Defenders for the rest of the half, eventually taking the lead up to 41-35.

From the rest of the game the Moundbuilders continued to show their dominance on the court to the point of a 28 point lead with 1 minute and 54 seconds left off two good free throws by Drew Hudson, sophomore forward.

“Our free throws were really helping us put points up on the board,” said Folston.

Clark led the team in points as well as playing time with a total of 25 points for the game and 30 minutes played.

On the defensive side the MVP once again goes to Clark with a total of 13 defensive rebounds and a grand total of 20 rebounds for the game

The win over Baptist Bible puts the Moundbuilders at six wins and three losses for the season, and recovers them from a two game losing streak. The men’s basketball team will now look for another win on December 5th in their away game against the University of Saint Mary Spires.

Ozzie Briesch is a freshman majoring in communication. You may email him at Austin.Briesch@scaks.edu