By Dalton Carver

Jordan Giddings, sophomore guard, looks for a teammate and passes the ball. The Builders beat Haskell Indian Nations 68-54. (Angel Vadillo/Collegian photographer)

Bouncing back from their first loss of the season against College of the Ozarks, the Moundbuilders earned a 68-54 win against Haskell Indian Nations last evening. The opponents traveled from Lawrence to take on Southwestern, only to leave empty-handed.

The Moundbuilders put up 70 shots inside the arc throughout the game, making 26 of them. In three-point land, the Builders shot 23, while making five. The Builders converted 64.7 percent of their free throws as well, making 11 out of 17.

Despite the high number of misses, the scoring fire of Cameron Clark, sophomore forward, could not be doused. He led all scorers with 22 points, and also had seven rebounds.

William Tisdale, junior guard/forward, also put his name on the board with 13 points. Tyler Shirley, senior guard, took the rebound award with nine.

The win over the Haskell brings Southwestern’s record to 2-1, with two straight wins at home. They play again on November 11 against Ozark Christian College at 7 p.m.

INSTORY SECOND
Dalton Carver is a junior majoring in communication. You can email him at dalton.carver@sckans.edu or tweet him @dalty_james.