Brayden Crowe, junior guard, and James Davis, junior guard, put the pressure on a Friends player. The Builders prevailed over the Falcons 70-64 Thursday in Stewart Field House. (Clinton Dick/Collegian photographer).

Nine three-point baskets, five of them coming from Dennan Morrow, junior guard, lifted the Builders to a 70-64 win over Friends Thursday at Stewart Field House. Morrow capped the night with 21 points as the team improved to 15-9 overall and 7-8 in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference.

The Builders built up a lead in the first half, going into the locker rooms at halftime with a 37-26 lead. Their success came on a large part of great shooting. They hit 53.6 percent of their shots in the first half, compared to the Falcons who shot 35.5 percent.

Friends came storming back in the second, tying the game at 44 five minutes in. For most of the second half, the teams would trade leads, but a three-pointer by Ethan Randolph, junior forward, with a little more than a minute left gave the Builders a 63-59 lead. They would not relinquish that lead and held on to redeem themselves against a team they lost to earlier this season.

David King, senior center, had a big night as well, scoring 18 points and grabbing five rebounds.

The team finished the game shooting 50 percent from the field. They also went 9-19 from beyond the arch and 11-14 from the foul line.

The Builder’s next game tips off at 7 p.m. Saturday against the conference-leading Tabor College Blue Jays in Hillsboro.

Clinton Dick is a sophomore majoring in convergent journalism. You may e-mail him at clinton.dick@sckans.edu.