ABOVE: Coby Stroud, freshmen forward, fights through Bacone defense for possession of ball. The Builders defeated Bacone College 3-0, as they opened their first game on the spring season Feb. 27. (Daegiona Wilson/Staff photographer)

By Brad Cagle

The Southwestern College men’s soccer team won 3-0 Saturday afternoon against Bacone University. It was the first game back this semester for the builders before they finish conference play and rest of their season.

The scoring came late into the first half from Lucas Travis, physical education senior who took it almost the complete length of the field himself to get the goal.

“It felt really nice to get that opening goal,” Travis said. “ Everyone was telling me how good of a goal it was. It was a tough last semester for me personally. I missed a few games with a knee injury, so I was just happy to be back on the field playing with my family.”

The second goal came early into the second half when Coby Stroud, health science freshman scored off and assist from Travis. He also assisted on the final goal to Francis Watson, computer science junior.

“There is a lot to still work on,” Kyle Pond head men’s soccer coach said. “We have to work on our finishing in the final third, we had many chances that we missed.”

The builders will play on March 5 against Bethel at home.