By Dru Pelter

The Builders were left frustrated with a 2-0 loss against Ottawa University on Wednesday.  The two goals were scored by the Brave’s Tyler Smith and Kyler Grimes in the second half of the game.

Joseph Yeisley, men’s soccer head coach, said, “It was unfortunate we didn’t get the win, I felt like we played well enough we just didn’t find a nose for the goal. We we’re a little unlucky in the first half, we hit one off the crossbar and had one cleared off the line by a defender. The ball just didn’t bounce our way today.” Yeisley also said, “I do think we strung some passes well in the midfield, but once we got to the end of the stretch we weren’t able to make anything happen.”

Yeisley explained that scoring is all about heart and effort, he said, “We have to find someone up top who is willing to sacrifice whatever it takes to put one in the back of the net.”

Dalton Carver, senior midfielder, said, “I thought we defended well in the first half, we slacked a little bit in the second half. We had good build ups, but we just couldn’t put the final shot away.” Carver said, “Everybody worked hard we just had two let downs, it’s there, we just need to make a few more connections and put the ball in the back of the net.”

Ian Mutio, senior forward, said, “I’m disappointed because we had opportunities to win. As a whole we’re disappointed by this loss.” Mutio also said, “We need to just put this game behind us and continue to focus. We still have three games left and we’re still in the running to make the playoffs right now.”

The Builders drop to 3-10-1 and will be playing at Saint Mary’s on Saturday at 3:30.

Dru Pelter is a freshman and is majoring in communication. You may contact him at Dru.Pelter@sckans.edu.