By Spencer Pullen

September 21 the Builders came up short trying to cap off a comeback versus Central Christian College. Southwestern lost 1-3. This loss brings the Builder’s record to 3-4 with another game coming up Sept. 24.

The Builders came out hot in the first half taking an early lead, 1-0, over Central Christian, thanks to the efforts of Omar Chaloub, freshman forward. Shortly after, Central Christian responded with a goal to tie it up. Both teams competed hard trying to gain an edge. The Builders played intense defense, but it would remain a tied throughout the first half.

As the second half began, both teams were still competing at a high level. Unfortunately for the well prepared Builders, their chance at winning faded.

“We need to have more heart and we need more consistency. We have to be more confident in ourselves,” said Sean Sandoval, freshman forward.

Central Christian outlasted the Builders scoring two late goals in the second half to secure the victory.

“We did not take practice seriously versus our opponent. If we practice well as a unit we will play well as a unit,” said Ricardo Dorantes, freshman midfielder.

The Builders are looking to redeem themselves Saturday against Southwestern Christian University. The opening kick is at 3:00 p.m.

Spencer Pullen is a freshman majoring in new media. You may e-mail him at spencer.pullen@sckans.edu.