By Kyle Hernandez

Zach Meeker, junior midfield, runs to save the ball after a rebound. (Hanna House/Collegian photographer)

The Southwestern men’s soccer came up short in Saturday’s game against the Tabor Blue Jays losing 5-1.

Joseph Yeisley, head coach, was not too pleased with this game but likes to see the guys just go out and play the game that they all love. “They play with heart,” said Yeisley, reminding them to just go out and have fun. Yeisley was very surprised at Sam Jones’ momentum, to go out in the final minutes of the game and score their only point. Though they played with heart, Yeisley feels that attitude and effort could be improved.

Luiz Reyes, senior midfielder, thinks that his performance could have been better. Despite the results, Reyes likes having the opportunity to play and challenges himself to become better on the field. Reyes went from playing two minutes last game to starting this game. He was greatly appreciative of that opportunity. “I worked hard for it and I will continue to play to the best of my ability,” said Reyes.

Jerry Jones, sophomore midfielder, had a decent game. He felt more accomplished in the second half of the game than he did the first half. Jones appreciates the support of his family and likes the competition as well.

Coach Yeisley and the Builders are ready to regroup hope to be ready when they face off against Bethany in Lindsborg, Kansas on Wednesday at 7:30 p.m.

Kyle Hernandez is a junior majoring in communication. You may email him at kyle.hernandez@sckans.edu.