Sports editor

The first tournament of the spring season for the Builder golf team took place in San Antonio. The Builders traveled to Texas to play the San Antonio Shoot-Out at Canyons Course hosted by Oklahoma Christian University and the University of Texas at Brownsville Feb. 25 and 26.

Tim Jasper, assistant golf coach, took responsibility for the men’s team because head golf coach, Brad Sexson, traveled with the Lady Builders to Killeen, Texas.

Southwestern finished third place during the first round of the invitational and eight for the second round. The Builder golf team ended with 319 points for each day. This gave them a total of 638 points.

Oklahoma City University won the first and second rounds with 607 points. Oklahoma Christian University ended second during the two rounds with 608 strokes.

Shane Gilbert, business administration sophomore, finished first for the Builders during the two rounds. Gilbert had 79 strokes for the first day and 76 for the second. Bobby Weidner, business administration senior, followed in second place with 79 for both days.

Seth Bryan, business management freshmen, end up third in the Builder’s individual records with a single stoke more for both rounds. Business freshman, Justin Churchill, ended fourth and with 81 strokes for the first day and 85 for the second day.

Luke Arneson, accounting junior, had 91 and 85 strokes. Jake Henson, business management sophomore closed the list placing last with 95 and 85 strokes respectively.

The men’s golf will get back to the course on March 11. The team will travel to Fort Worth, Texas, to play the UST Mamiya Texas Intercollegiate tournament. The invitational will take place at Hawks Creek Golf Course.

Angel Vadillo is a sophomore majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.