For two weeks in a row, the men’s basketball team is ranked in the NAIA Division II Top 25. The Moundbuilders went up two positions, from being ranked 16 last week they went up to the 14th place.

The Builders received 190 votes and currently have a record of 17-2 overall and 7-1 in the KCAC conference.

The Builders and McPherson Bulldogs are the only two teams from Kansas. Northwood (Fla) is the first team in the poll with a record of 16-1 and 343 points, 153 more points than the Builders. The Builders are on top of other teams in the poll such as Southeastern (Fla) ranked 17, falling two places from last week. Ashford from Iowa and Eastern Oregon are the last two teams of the poll.

This poll was voted by the head coaches representing each of the conferences. The sixth regular-season Division II Men’s Basketball Coaches Top 25 poll will be announced on Jan.23.

The women’s basketball team fell one position from being ranked 22 last week to 23 this week. They have a record of 13-5 and received 107 points in the poll.  For the Women’s, Indiana Wesleyan has a record of 19-1 and they have 374 points.

Friends University is the other team representing Kansas. Friends is currently ranked 15.

Angel Vadillo is a freshman majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.