By Bailey VenJohn

Isaiah Thaw, senior forward, passes the ball to teammate William Tisdale, senior forward. The Moundbuilders lost their last regular home conference game against the Ottawa Braves 75-63. (Angel Vadillo/Collegian photographer).

Isaiah Thaw, senior forward, passes the ball to teammate William Tisdale, sophomore forward. The Moundbuilders lost their last regular home conference game against the Ottawa Braves 75-63. (Angel Vadillo/Collegian photographer).

The men’s basketball team suffered a rough loss at home Saturday night to Ottawa. The Braves ended up on top 75-63.

William Tisdale, sophomore forward, got the team off to a quick start with a block that lead to a bucket for him on the other end. He scored again on the next offensive possession.

Brian Lipsey, freshman guard, also provided a spark for the team coming off the bench when he hit two threes. Later in the game he completed a four point play after being fouled on a three and making the shot from the charity stripe.

Lipsey said it felt good to help the team out like that.

The Builders won the last match up against Ottawa 96-92 in overtime. The game plan for getting the W again this time around was just to do the fundamentals, nothing special.

Tonight was the last time two players on the men’s team will ever play in Stewart Fieldhouse. Michael Morales and Isaiah Thaw had to end their senior night in disappointment.

Thaw, senior guard, said “It sucked to end my season here like that but it has been a fun 2 years.”

The team has two more regular season games on the year because conference tournament kicks off.

Morales, senior forward, said the team needs to have less turnovers next game.

Thaw said overall defense and free throws need to be improved.

The Builders will put these improvements to the test Thursday at Bethel. Last time these two teams played ended with a tally in the win column for Southwestern.

Bailey VenJohn is a freshman majoring in communication. You may email her at bailey.venjohn@sckans.edu.