Garrett Chapman

Despite almost achieving a double-double, Cameron Clark’s efforts were not enough to push the Moundbuilders’ win streak to five Thursday night. The sophomore forward lead team scoring with 20 points, as well as grabbing eight rebounds, but the Builders ultimately fell to the Sterling Warriors 99-79.

The 20-point loss leaves the Builders with an overall 17-10 record and a conference record of 6-9.

Struggling throughout the first half, the Builders went to the locker room trailing by 16. They came out in the second half and were able to find the basket much more than they did in the first half. The 51 point second half was not enough.

Offensively, the Builders tried to pound the ball inside and let the big guys do the work. From inside the arch the team shot 48.3 percent as a whole. They managed to get off 15 shots from the three point range but only eight of those went in.

Alex Tyler, senior guard, led the defense with three steals. Tyler said, “Defensively we left shooters open a little too long and they were able to knock down shots that extended their lead.”

The Builders managed to grab 13 offensive rebounds and 19 defensive rebounds. They also had 9 assists as a team, led by junior guard, William Tisdale with three.

The Builders will look to get on another win streak as they face Tabor at 7 p.m. Feb. 15 in Stewart Field House.

Garrett Chapman is a freshman majoring in communication. You may email him at Garrett.Chapman@sckans.edu.