Bailey VenJohn

Men’s basketball added the second loss of the season to their record Saturday night. The Builders dropped to Bethany, 97-93.

Southwestern trailed the Swedes for the whole first half, down by 14 at the 9:53 mark. By halftime they had made a comeback, led by Brian Lipsey, junior guard, who hit three, three pointers.

The Builders headed to halftime down by only three, 48-45.

Bethany jumped out to a bigger lead at the start of the second half bringing the lead to nine, 57-48. The lead was finally conquered by the Builders when Cameron Clark, junior forward, hit a three pointer to make it 73-71.

Landers Riddle, senior guard, added to the deficit with a jumper to give the Builders their biggest lead of the night, 77-73 with just over seven minutes to play.

By the four minute mark the Swedes had secured the lead up 88-82. Riddle hit a three to bring Southwestern back within three but Bethany held on for the win.

William Tisdale, senior forward, had 12 points and reached the 1000 career points mark with a career total of 1003. Tisdale also led rebounders with six.

Chris Waller, junior guard, scored 23 points. Riddle added his season high with 19 points. Lipsey ended with 14 points on the board.

As a team Southwestern shot 51.6 percent from the floor and 47.1 from three-point range.

After a long break, the Builders play at College of the Ozarks on Dec. 30 at 7 p.m.

Bailey VenJohn is a junior majoring in communication. You may email her at bailey.venjohn@sckans.edu.