Chris Nelson, forward, goes up for a shot against a Tabor College defender on Thursday night at Stewart Field House. The Builders lost to the Blue Jays dropping their overall record to 10-6. The Men play next at 7 p.m. on Saturday at home against Bethany College. (Samantha Gillis/Collegian photographer)

It wasn’t a pretty sight for the fans in Stewart Field House Thursday night as the Builders suffered their third consecutive loss at the hands of Tabor 73-56. The loss dropped Southwestern to 2-5 in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference and 10-6 overall, while the victory helped catapult the Blue Jays into the number one spot in the conference with a 5-2 KCAC record. It was also the Builders’ third consecutive loss and their fourth loss in their last five games.

Tabor grabbed the momentum early in the game, building a 12-4 lead in the first five minutes. The men bounced back and took the lead right before halftime, going into the locker rooms up 27-26.

It was a tale of two halves for the Builders as Tabor regained the lead quickly in the second half and never looked back. The SC men struggled to find their rhythm and were outscored by 18 in the half, sealing their fate.

The Blue Jays proved tough to slow down offensively as they hit 59.6 percent of their shots on the game. Tabor also out-assisted the Builders 16-7.

Southwestern could not compare to their opponents explosive offense, shooting 40.4 percent on the night and hitting just three of 15 shots from beyond the arch.

Chris Nelson, junior guard, led the Builders in both scoring and rebounding, putting up 17 points and snatching eight rebounds. Ethan Randolph, junior forward, contributed 15 points and five rebounds.

The Builder’s next game tips off at 7 p.m. Saturday in Stewart Field House against Bethany College.

Clinton Dick is a sophomore majoring in convergent journalism. You may e-mail him at clinton.dick@sckans.edu.